• First appointed as Independent Non-Executive Director on 1 January 2014
• Re-designation as Senior Independent Non-Executive Director on 6 December 2017
• Chairman of Nomination, Remuneration and Corporate Governance Committee
• Member of Audit and Risk Committee
• Member of Strategy and Business Transformation Committee
Datuk Yvonne is a Fellow Chartered Banker and holds a Bachelor of Economics (Hons) from the University of Malaya.
She has more than 40 years’ experience in the financial services industry, having held leading positions in both foreign and local institutions. She started her career in Bank of America and held various roles in Asia. She was the former Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of RHB Bank Berhad from 1996 to 2002 and Hong Leong Bank Berhad from 2003 to 2013.
She is the Independent Non-Executive Director and Chairman of Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad, Standard Chartered Saadiq Berhad and Cradle Fund Sdn Bhd. She is also on the board of Silverlake Axis Limited (listed on the Singapore Exchange Ltd) as an Independent Non-Executive Director.
She is a Trustee for Teach For Malaysia Foundation and The Merdeka Awards Trust, a Council Member of the Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers and an Honorary Professor of the University of Nottingham School of Economics.